What the Greater Owensboro EDC is doing to create jobs for Owensboro:
Investment Attraction Strategy
The EDC has an aggressive and broader jobs strategy than ever had in this region. The four-part economic development strategy is included below:
- Existing Business Program - Support for existing businesses is a top priority since a majority of the new jobs and investment in any given region are created by exiting companies.
- Targeted Business Attraction - EDC employs a business attraction strategy, using a targeted approach for the attraction of new companies in the following clusters:
- Advanced Manufacturing-Food, metal, and transportation manufacturing
- Professional and Business Services - back office and call center facilities, credit intermediation
- Technology Based Startup Companies - support for startup through Emerging Ventures Center for Innovation and Centre for Business and Research, a 40,000 square foot business accelerator.
- Talent Attraction - the most valuable natural resource in the 21st Century is talent. People tend to be more mobile. Where they go, robust economic activity will follow.
- College students
- Second Lifers-retirees
- Young Professionals and entrepreneurs
Infrastructure and Community Development
The EDC is always looking for ideas for new strategies to grow jobs, please give us your feedback by clicking on the Provide Feedback button at the top of the web site.