Existing and expanding companies are responsible for approximately 80% of a community’s economic growth. If you are considering an expansion with employment growth or capital investment, or if you need assistance with training your talent, let us help you find the resources that can give you a return on your investment.
Industry Advantage Program
Greater Owensboro believes in a strong, on-going existing business program and offers an Industry Advantage Program to the local industries and non-retail service providers.
The main objective of the Industry Advantage program is retention and growth. By encouraging increased capital investment from local industries and training of our workforce, our community benefits two-fold. We can use our base businesses as recruitment tools and also as lead generation. The Greater Owensboro Industry Advantage Program offers the following:
- Single Point of Contact – For expansion plans or investment, staff will serve as the single point of contact to all business and industry as it relates to capital investment for equipment purchases, facility expansion, road issues, drainage issues, planning and zoning, workforce, grant opportunities, financial assistance, and governmental regulations. Staff is available to meet with your company privately.
- Roundtable Discussion Groups – Industry specific roundtable discussions will be held on a regular basis.
- Training Seminars – Training seminars benefiting existing industry may be offered.
- Connections – Staff will provide assistance in seeking business connections.
- Workforce – Staff will provide assistance with workforce hiring and training.
- Go Fame – A group of local companies formed in May of 2015 with the intent to train the future workforce of the region. GOEDC is a support member and provides assistance. Quarterly meetings are held on the first Thursday beginning in March.
- Owensboro Works – Free Workforce database matching local companies with local job seekers. Staff will assist in posting positions on the site.