Overview of Position:
Reports to: President/CEO
Effective: February 2020 – May 2020
Type: Intern (15 hours per week)
The Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and business-minded college intern. The Economic Development Internship is structured to provide the intern with important and transferrable skills and experience to progress professionally and personally. The intern will gain experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple sectors, public-private partnerships, private business, city government, and community organizations.
The Economic Development Internship is ideal for an undergraduate student seeking careers in economic & community development, city planning/management, business, marketing, policy & politics, urban development or real estate. The program is designed for ambitious individuals seeking not only to build a strong resume, but also to make an impact on the community as he/she further develops important skills critical to a successful career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Some of the specific initiatives in which the Economic Development Intern may be involved include:
- Assist with preparation and planning for upcoming meetings and presentations.
- Assist with data entry for database and coordination of correspondence to businesses, communities and stakeholders.
- Accompany staff in meetings, activities, and programs related to economic development initiatives.
- Research grants and assist with applying for grants.
- Miscellaneous research and data compilation.
- Various administrative duties.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in an accredited, 2- or 4-year undergraduate institution and major/concentration in Economics, Business Administration, Political Science, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Self-starter seeking to use the opportunity to develop both personally and professionally, gain new perspectives and experiences, and make a lasting impact on the community.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, time competency and organization skills.
- Interest in community development, urban development, real estate, business, public policy or economics.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to Brittaney Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24th, 2020.